Friday, October 24, 2008

Bride of Illinois


I had planned before I came to the United States to visit most the states in my vacations and weekends. This break was different because 3 of my friends came from Saudi Arabia and they will study in different states. We decided to meet in central states, so we chose Chicago, IL. I was so excited to see my friends and asked them about their impressions in the first months in the United States. I visited Chicago three times, so I was familiar with it. Because of my experience, I suggest to stay at the downtown. We chose indigo hotel, a cute hotel in north Dearborn parkway. I like it too much. Moreover, we make a busy schedule trying to discover all the famous places in Chicago. It was exhausted. My friends asked me about the museums because they know that I have a passion to visit the museums. We decided to visit the famous museums such as museum of science and industry and the field museum. There were amazing museums. Next, we went to Sears Tower, the highest building in Chicago. It is really an enormous building. Also, we visited the Hancock Observatory that we get many pictures from the top of the building. One of my friends is a fisher, so he insisted to visit the Sheed Aquarium. In addition, we brought a lot of Arabic food that we could not find it in our cities. We had a final dinner at The Cheesecake Factory before everyone went to his cities, it was a unique dinner. Finally, this was a brief to my last break, is it funny!

1 comment:

Anna said...

It sounds like you have an amazing break! Busy, but fun! It's always nice to meet up with old friends. I can imagine seeing them here in the United States was a very special thing!